What Happened to Al Roker? The Today Show Star Shares His Story

Al Roker is an American who tells us about the weather on NBCs Today show. He also sometimes hosts the 3rd Hour Today. Hes got a special seal from the American Meteorological Society, number 238.

Al Roker is an American who tells us about the weather on NBC’s Today show. He also sometimes hosts the 3rd Hour Today. He’s got a special seal from the American Meteorological Society, number 238.

He has been absent from the show for several weeks due to serious health issues. He recently opened up about his ordeal and how he almost died from internal bleeding and blood clots.

What Happened to Al Roker Today?

Al Roker shared in a recent interview that he found out he was going to be a grandfather while he was in the hospital last year. This happy news came during a challenging time for the TODAY weatherman.

What Happened to Al Roker Today

Al and his wife, Deborah Roberts, talked about becoming first-time grandparents on “The Kelly Clarkson Show” in a clip posted to YouTube on Nov. 10. Their joyous moment happened when Al’s oldest daughter, Courtney Roker Laga, welcomed her baby, Sky Clara, on July 3.

Al thought back to the moment he learned that his daughter was expecting a baby. The 69-year-old joked,

“Right about this time last year, I was in the hospital. I went in for one thing, end up having surgery for five. So it was buy one, get four free.”

He added,

“I found out while I was in the hospital that my oldest girl, Courtney, was expecting our first grandchild.”

Roberts chimed in,

“But I think more than anything else, knowing that she was coming this last year … because it’s been a progression, but you’ve just gotten stronger and stronger, so here he is.”

Last year, Al was in the hospital for a few weeks because of blood clots and internal bleeding. He had two bleeding ulcers and had to undergo surgery to fix his colon, remove his gallbladder, and rebuild part of his small intestine.

After that, Al went back to work and is having a great time being a granddad. Just recently, on November 5th, he shared a video on Instagram where he kept saying good morning to Sky.

Here are some other celebrities illness details we have covered below:

Al Roker’s Outlook and Gratitude

On December 8, 2022, Al shared on Instagram that he’s finally back home. In his post, he said,

“Home! So incredibly grateful to family, friends, medical folks, @todayshow family and all your thoughts and prayers”

Will Al Roker Retire from the Today Show?

There is no official confirmation that Al Roker is planning to retire from the Today show. However, there have been some rumors and speculations that he might announce his retirement soon, as he is turning 69 years old this year.

Right now, it looks like he still likes his job and will go back to it as soon as he can. Al has been the weatherman on Today for a really long time, so many people might only know him for that.

Even though talking about the weather may not sound super interesting, Al has always been lively on the show. He’s traveled to big weather events all over the country for his job. Fans wish him to stay happy and healthy.

Below, you can see his recent show.

You can follow our Twitter account for more information related to other stars’ health, injuries, surgeries, and more.

ncG1vNJzZmiulaPBtr7Eo6alrF6YvK57kWlpbGdhZnxyfY6wn5qsXZ2usbzEp5ydZaSkeqK4jKumpJ2iYsGwsMCyZg%3D%3D

Share!