How Frankie Boyle Marked Sons Birth with Partner Shereen

Comedian Frankie Boyle is known for his offensive humor and his work on Mock the Week. Boyle previously commented about how comedians often mellowed out after having kids and just do observational comedy. However, Boyle said he was different.

Comedian Frankie Boyle is known for his offensive humor and his work on Mock the Week.

Boyle previously commented about how comedians often mellowed out after having kids and just do observational comedy. However, Boyle said he was different.

“I do some jokes about parenthood,” he said. “But I try to keep those quite harsh.”

In fact, the way Boyle celebrated the birth of his son Thor with his longtime partner, Shereen Taylor, differs greatly from what one would expect.

Back when Shereen was pregnant with their son, Boyle was in the middle of a run in London doing shows. When he came home one day, she said they had to go to a hospital.

“So I slept at the hospital and the baby was delivered at seven the next night,” he said.

20 minutes after his son was born, Boyle left the hospital to do a show at nine in the same clothes.

Frankie Boyle on the set of 'Frankie Boyle's New World Order' (Source: Instagram)

He further added that he knew people were traveling from all over the UK for his gig and he didn’t want to disappoint them.

It would be “useless to have [him] sitting about the hospital as men are useless in the first month.”

Frankie Boyle and Partner Shereen Taylor

Boyle has kept his relationship with his partner very private. It’s not known when they started dating, but they have been together since before the birth of their son in October 2007.

While it’s not exactly known what his partner does, it has been revealed that Taylor is a visual artist based in Glasgow.

Despite Boyle and Taylor being together for over a decade, there have been no reports of him having taken her as his wife.

Boyle also has a daughter born in 2004 from a previous relationship.

Frankie Boyle Wants to Quit Comedy

Boyle has admitted to having neglected his family because of his career as a comedian.

He wrote his autobiography, My Shit Life So Far, and published it in October 2009. At that time, he revealed he wanted to quit comedy and focus on writing so he could give more time to his partner and children.

Boyle had done an extensive tour the previous year and was busy with writing a tour for March 2010. He said that could only be done by “not being around the kids very much,” and that he didn’t want that.

It has been more than a decade since he said that, but he hasn’t moved away from comedy. However, Boyle did publish his novel Meantime in July 2021.

Frankie Boyle and Ricky Gervais

Towards the end of 2020, Boyle called out Ricky Gervais, criticizing the latter for his “lazy jokes” about transgender people.

“I saw him doing his routine about trans people and I thought it was very lazy,” he said. 

“I would like him to have the same respect for trans people as he seems to have for animals. I don’t think that’s a lot to ask.”

Following his criticism, people took to Twitter and other platforms in droves to call him a hypocrite because of his past jokes, many of which were directed at disabled kids.

ncG1vNJzZmign6G5usPOqJummaOge6S7zGinaJ6ilrustcRmmaixnJp6sa3RraWeql6dwa64

Share!